I’m very pleased with my running progress and RED January achievements this week.
- My strained glutes are recovering nicely
- I ran somewhere different
- I ran with a friend
- I ran in the rain/sleet/ice
- I restarted the couch to 5k programme *
- I achieved a sub 10 minute mile, pretty good for someone who’s only been running for a few weeks
- I completed approx. 17km running, 7km walking, and 2km swimming
* You may remember from last week’s post that my first week 4 run of C25K was the straw that broke the camel’s back, or in my case the run that broke my… oh! I’m sure you get the idea!
Resuming anything following injury is a delicate balance of doing enough without pushing it too hard. So, although enthusiastic, I have been more moderate with running this week to rehabilitate myself without causing or exacerbating injury.
I’m doing well and with only 10 days to go to complete the challenge I’m wondering what to do to finish in style on 31st January.