RED January is so much more than just a fundraising initiative for Mind, the mental health charity.
- It is an opportunity to raise awareness of mental health issues
- It promotes better mental (and physical) health by encouraging daily activity
- It brings together people with a shared experience of mental health problems in an inclusive and supportive way
- It creates friendships
- It makes you know that you are not alone
- and it is why I began this blog
Throughout the whole of January I have published my thoughts and experiences on living with depression and PTSD in the aftermath of a cancer diagnosis, I have written about my success with running, my injuries, my motivation and have discovered that I can write poetry.
I hope my posts have given a better understanding of the reality of mental illness and that they have helped at least one person in supporting a friend, relative or colleague.
I hope that I have shared useful advice, through my experiences, that has made a difference to someone struggling with their illness.
I hope that my writing has shown empathy and compassion.
I hope that I have made you think, made you smile and inspired you in some way.
RED January has given me so much more than I ever anticipated.
- I have made new friends
- I have found a passion for blogging
- and writing poetry
- In sharing so openly, I feel I have truly accepted my illnesses as a part of me that will require long term management
- And… I am a RUNNER!
Thank you for reading and following my journey so far. I really appreciate every view, every new follower, every like and every comment.
Love Karen xx