SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
Thank you to the lovely Ashley at Mental Health@Home who very kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
I am very new to blogging and Ashley was one of my first followers, she often comments on my blogs with kind and supportive words which are always appreciated. Her blog Mental Health@Home is fabulous, you should definitely take a look at it, and also at the blogs I’ve nominated below.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is for blogs which have a positive and happy message, are inspirational and creative – or something like that… I like to think of my blog as “success in the face of adversity”. I know my poems often aren’t overwhelmingly filled with joy but generally I try to put a positive spin on my experiences, even if I can’t positively spin my emotions.
RULES FOR THE AWARD
- Shout out to the blogger who nominated you with a link to her/his blog.
- Answer questions given by the blogger.
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the sunshine award, with links to their blogs.
- Don’t forget to notify your nominees.
- Come up with your own questions and tag 11 other bloggers nominating them to do the same.
- What is your favourite animal? Tigers.
- If you’re streaming Netflix, what are you watching? Don’t have Netflix but watching Vikings and Life in Pieces on Amazon video.
- What’s the biggest goal you want to accomplish this year? At the beginning of the year it was to complete the C25K programme and be able to run 5K non-stop. My new running goal is 10k. Also, I would like to publish a book of my poetry as that really would be pretty cool!
- If you had the chance to travel the world, what’s the first place you’d visit? Iceland because of the dramatic scenery.
- What’s your dream profession and what made you choose it? I have a degree in Health Studies (and one in Engineering), I would like to work in Health Improvement, empowering individuals and communities to make positive changes to improve their physical and mental health.
- Who is your biggest role model? I don’t really have role models, but the qualities I most admire in others are compassion, courage and determination.
- What are the top 5 songs on your playlist? This is tricky as much of my favourite music triggers my PTSD. From my running playlist I choose: ‘A Headful of Dreams’ – Coldplay, ‘Arrow’ – Rag’n’Bone Man, ‘La La La’ – Naughty Boy feat. Sam Smith, ‘Bright Lights Bigger City’ – CeeLo Green, ‘Blame It On Me’ – George Ezra
- What do you do for fun? I’m in a community samba drumming band, also swimming, running, archery, learning piano, sewing, crochet, knitting…
- Why did you start blogging? Inspired by SummerSHINES, who I met through the RED January challenge, I wanted to share my experiences to raise awareness of mental health. Check out her excellent blog Summer Starts to Shine also.
- What keeps you focused? Fear of failure, need for perfectionism.
- What do you hope people take away from your blog posts? I hope people will gain a better understanding of the reality of living with mental illness, I hope to inspire and motivate people to do what they can to look after their own mental well-being.
My nominees are:
Fractured Faith Blog
The Invisible Girl
The Doors To Wisdom
Sketches from Berlin
Discovering Your Happiness
Out of My Thoughts
How I Killed Betty!
yarn and pencil
My questions to you are:
- What is the inspiration behind your blog name?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could give one message to the world, what would it be?
- Who would you most like to have dinner with? (real person, fictional character, dead or alive)
- What one thing have you done that you are especially proud of?
- What do you do for fun?
- Where in the world would you most like to visit?
- What qualities do you most admire in others?
- Describe your personality in 5 words.
- What (or who) is the most important thing in your life?
- What pets do you have? (what are their names?)