Good morning friends,
Today started badly, I have a sore throat and a pounding headache from a cold (courtesy of my younger son), it’s raining (not heavily) but it means the sun isn’t streaming into my lounge today, and because I feel so rotten I’ve cancelled my Monday plans and instead am going to indulge in some much needed self-care.
It was a lovely surprise to be notified that I had reached 1,000 likes on my blog. I thank you all for your support and kindness xx
Yesterday, I had a bit of a sore throat but hoped that my home made remedy of hot water with honey, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and ginger would see it on its way. Yesterday evening I decided that this week was going to be vegetarian week in our house, as I clearly still needed to rest my foot I would have plently of time for food prep and cooking.
I have recently seen a few bloggers* taking a self-care week , and as one of many affected by mental health problems I am very aware of the importance of self-care in ongoing recovery, so thought I’d take this opportunity to practice self-care for myself.
* apologies that I can’t remember who, but please add your blog links in the comments
Goals for the week:
- eat only vegetarian food
- eat 3 nutritious meals each day
- rest my foot, use ice and pain relief regularly
- rest my body, to aid recovery from this cold
- rest my mind, take time out from stressful situations
Goals for today:
- have a relaxing bath while listening to soothing music
- meal plan for today and tomorrow
- do some knitting
- do some drawing or colouring
- watch next episode of ‘flesh and bone’ (an Amazon exclusive series about the world of ballet)
I will let you all know how I’m managing tomorrow, take care peeps, K x