Today (so far) is a good day. I am feeling physically recovered from my illness and my energy levels are improving. I was well enough to go for my usual Monday morning walk with a friend, which was lovely. The sun is shining, spring is most definitely in the air, and my hellebores are in full bloom and look gorgeous. I even did an hour of gardening this morning.
I am ready to get back on track with my postponed self-care week and have been industriously food prepping and grocery shopping this morning. I feel motivated in my recovery (physical and mental health). BUT… despite all the positive activities I have engaged in today, I feel vague and distant, disconnected from the world around me, lost and alone.
My body is grounded in reality yet my mind is away with the fairies.
My self-care week started last night with a relaxing bath and with some planning for the week ahead. It’s been a disruptive few weeks with the boys’ half term holidays, my sprained foot and then hospitalisation and illness, so I’m hoping to get back on track nutritionally and with my exercise goals this week.
Goals for the week:
- eat 3 nutritious meals each day, including 2 fast days*
- choose and start next craft project
- keep to all social engagements
- practice piano, minimum 3 x 30 minutes
- gardening, minimum 2 x 60 minutes
Goals for today:
- menu plan
- fast days meal prep
- grocery shopping
- Monday walk
- physio exercises
I will let you know how I progress with self-care week.
Be kind to yourselves, K x
* I have written before about the nutritionally balanced Two Day Diet (here) but it really is a “diet plan” that I am happy sticking with. For my fast days this week (Mon/Tues) I am having:
- Breakfast: veggie sausage, mushrooms, tomato and egg
- Lunch: chicken and leek soup
- Dinner: tandoori chicken and egg salad (Mon), tuna and egg salad (Tues)
- Snacks: slice of cheese, yoghurt, nuts