Hello dear readers,
I didn’t sleep well last night, very restless, not sure why. It’s such a lovely sunny spring day today, it’s hard to feel down when the world is such a beautiful place. I started this morning with a healthy breakfast of muesli, yoghurt and a satsuma, and then did 30 minutes of piano practice. I started teaching myself piano on a keyboard last January and am halfway through book 1. My playing came to a bit of a standstill from around autumn last year but I’m determined to start up again.
Yesterday I achieved all my self-care goals for the day, in addition to ticking off my weekly gardening goal.
- gym/swim ✔
- knitting ✔
- gardening ✔
- physio exercises ✔
- drawing/colouring ✔
I did my longest ever cross-trainer session at the gym (25 mins, 3.7km) and tried a brief run on the treadmill before doing 20 lengths in the pool. My foot sprain is much better but running is still not an option yet.
Goals for the week:
- eat 3 nutritious meals each day, including 2 fast days
- choose and start next craft project ✔
- keep to all social engagements
- practice piano, minimum 3 x 30 minutes
- gardening, minimum 2 x 60 minutes ✔
Having spent a couple of hours tidying up the garden over the past two days, I feel very motivated to plan my vegetable beds and go and buy the seeds etc. So, I will probably do that this afternoon.
Yesterday evening I decided on the below goals for today, but having thought about it (probably when I wasn’t sleeping) I’m going to amend a couple
(2. pet other’s animals in public, not sure about this one, but I’ll try!) Alternative, have a conversation with a stranger.
11. sit outside and stare at the sky,
28. pick up a new book that you’re excited about, treat yourself to a new flavour of tea (I have too many unread books already)
47. blast music that matches your mood,
50. use a nice scented lotion.
Today is going to be an awesome day, I feel it deep in my heart.
K x ❤