I am honoured and privileged to have been nominated by four people for awards over the past week, I am so grateful to each and everyone one of you that reads and follows my blog.
The awards I have been nominated for are:
- the Leibster Award to recognise new blogs
- the Versatile Blogger Award which was created to honour those bloggers who bring something special to your life
- and two nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award for blogs that are positive and happy, that inspire and are creative.
The Leibster Award
The rules of this award are:
1.Acknowledge the blog who has nominated you
2.Reply to Eleven questions asked.
3.Nominate 11 other bloggers.
4.Ask them 11 questions.
5.Inform them about the nomination.
Thank you to indishe for kindly nominating me for this award. Indishe is currently writing about the 9 day festival of Navratri which I am finding very interesting…
1.Which one of your blog posts is your favourite?
– Discounting my poetry, I’m going to choose my final RED January achievement post, titled But I don’t do running!
2.What is your favourite childhood memory?
– I was born in Somerset and we rarely had snow, but one year we had sufficient snow to build an “igloo” in the garden.
3.What is your favourite book?
– I’m not sure I have a favourite book now. When I was younger I read a lot of Thomas Hardy and Jane Austen.
4.How can you make the world around you a better place?
– By always appreciating other people’s struggles.
5.What is your idea of a perfect day?
– No stress, just calm, peaceful happiness.
6.What is your biggest fear in life?
– That I don’t get to live it fully.
7.What is one thing that you can’t do without?
– My husband, obviously I can manage without him but I wouldn’t want to.
8.What is one thing that you would not want others to know about you!
– Exactly how many pairs of PJs I own!
9.How do you relieve your stress?
10.How did you chose your blog’s name?
– Blue Sky Days 365 is about finding the good in every day, the blue sky is always behind the clouds you just have to find it.
11.What motivates you to write?
– The thought that my writing may bring hope and happiness to my readers.
Thank you to Liz at Unoriginal (love) noteS for nominating me for this award, the rules are as follows:
- Be polite and give credit to the kind person who found your creation worth mentioning.
- Tell 7 things about your marvellous person.
- Nominate 15 other amazingly talented people.
Seven facts about me…
- I love ice cream
- I always have cold feet
- I enjoy crochet, knitting and sewing
- I am teaching myself piano
- I am always looking for beauty in the natural world
- I do not like milk or cream
- I mostly drink water or orange barley squash
The Sunshine Blogger Award
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
What is your blog about and what are your goals for your blog?
– My blog is a mixture of things, mental health, running, poetry.
What are you most grateful for?
– My loving husband.
Who do you admire most in life?
– All the people who just keep going despite adversity.
What quote most inspires you?
– “It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop” – Confucious
What is one characteristic you wish you possessed?
– Self compassion.
If you could make a living doing anything, what would it be?
– right now I would love to be a published author.
What is your greatest victory?
– Recently, running a sub 30 minute 5k.
What are you most passionate about?
– My family.
What could you do to improve your life tomorrow?
– Stop worrying about the future.
What is the most courageous thing you’ve ever done?
– Writing honestly on my blog about my struggles with mental health.
You are stranded on a deserted island…what one convenience would you like to have?
What inspired you to actually start blogging?
– I wanted to share my RED January journey and raise awareness of the reality of living with a mental illness.
Do you enjoy reading? If so, what genre?
– I love reading but currently struggle with concentration. I like a variety of books, psychological thrillers, chick lit, contemporary fiction.
What is your most prized possession?
– I really love my car, a Toyota Yaris hybrid… it’s gorgeous.
If you could relocate to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
– Austria… it’s just so beautiful.
Tell us more about YOU.
– Tricky question! I am a high achiever, I am a caring, compassionate friend, I overthink everything, I’m rubbish at making decisions.
What do you do for a living?
– I’m a mum to 2 teenage boys with additional needs.
What is your biggest dream?
– To go on an epic holiday, just me and hubby.
What is your worst fear?
– That I don’t get to live my life fully.
If you only had today to live, what would you do?
– Try every single flavour of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.
What would be your #1 piece of advice for any newcomers into the blogging world?
– Whatever you write, write with passion and honesty.
Wow, that’s a huge amount of questions answered, if you are still reading(!) I will post my nominations separately. Thank you once again for my nominations.