Yesterday was more relaxing than much of this week. I have a tendency to block depressive thoughts and feelings with activity and action. I have written about this before and am very aware that it’s an avoidance strategy, but while it works there has to be some merit in continuing. But this does mean that I have been very busy during my self-care week, and possibly need to take a break and slow down.
I achieved all my goals yesterday, which was day 5, and also managed a mainly sedentary day apart from the hour where I went for a walk. I think I needed a more restful day in all honesty as although I’m much recovered from my illness of last week, I am struggling with energy levels and getting tired relatively easily.
Day 5 goals:
- piano practice ✔
- plan seed planting ✔
- go for a walk ✔
- have a vegetarian day ✔
- various household chores (laundry, emptying bins etc) ✔
With days 6 and 7 being the weekend, it means that I do not have the same freedom as when the boys are in school and hubby in work, so it’s even more important to practice self-care.
Goals for the week:
- eat 3 nutritious meals each day, including 2 fast days
- choose and start next craft project ✔
- keep to all social engagements ✔
- practice piano, minimum 3 x 30 minutes (2/3 done)
- gardening, minimum 2 x 60 minutes ✔
I’m doing very well with my weekly goals and will be able to achieve them all.
My goals for the weekend are:
- piano practice
- 30 minutes physical activity each day
- photograph somewhere beautiful
- menu plan/grocery shopping for next week
- thinking about what I’ve learnt from this exercise
- implement a self-care approach in my journaling
Thank you for reading, have a relaxing weekend.