Thank you to the lovely Ashley at Mental Health @ Home for nominating me for the Blogging Chums Award. Ashley was one of my very early followers and has always been very friendly and encouraging in responding to my posts. Ashley has a unique perspective on mental illness both through her own experiences and her role as a mental health nurse. She writes very informative and often thought provoking posts.
The Blogging Chums Award is given to particularly brilliant bloggers who are really providing something special to the community, either through their writing or the way they engage with other people: they’re just brilliant! The award was created by Robert at The Non-Alcoholic Student.
Here are the rules:
1. Be sure to use the award image!
2. List the rules & about paragraph!
3. Thank whoever nominated you!
4. Write a letter to someone who means a lot to you to spread some positivity around the Internet – anyone will do!
5. Nominate 5-10 more people for the award and go let them know about it in their comments!
Thank you to Kat at Family Furore for nominating me for this award, I very much appreciate this as a relatively new follower. I did warn her that I am hopeless at responding to these awards!
What is The Mystery Blogger Award?
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
- Thank whoever nominated you and include link to their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Three things about me:
1 – I sometimes struggle to access words but can sing along to pop songs from 30+ years ago.
2- I greatly admire my children for always trying their best, as education poses many challenges for them both.
3 – I have been with my husband for 24 years and married for 20, he is my everything.
Questions asked of me:
- What would your contribution be in a self-sufficient community?
Gardening, I have a couple of vegetable beds at home and enjoy trying to grow my own produce
- Are you a calm driver, or one known to offer free birdies and helpful advice when needed?
Pretty calm, more despairing of other drivers than angry
- Describe the person you love the most in five words.
affectionate, kind, supportive, intelligent, humorous
- If you could go back in time, what piece of advice would you give your younger self?
To just go for it, don’t worry about other people, or whether it’s the right time. If you want something then just do it.
- Would you rather befriend an angel or a witch, and why?
A witch, they are certain to have more fun than an angel. Also, much better “outfits”! 😀
I’m not really in the right headspace to write a letter for the blogging chums award and my brain absolutely cannot process nominating right now… I will endeavour to do this another time. I am a bit hopeless at the whole award thing!
Once again huge thanks to Ashley and to Kat xx