So, after last week’s shock confession that I’ve become a bit of a running addict, I can confirm that this is likely to be the case going forward for the next weeks/months/years of my life. Until I’m a frail old lady at least!
I have this personality trait (character flaw) in that I become slightly obsessed with things, currently my obsessions are running and poetry. When I got a bread maker, it was bread. A new bike, cycling. When I decided to grow vegetables in my garden, that too became an obsession, subscribing to Grow Your Own and Kitchen Garden magazines (or similar titles), buying books on growing veg, books on growing veg in containers, books on patio gardens… I’m sure you get the idea.
And now it’s running, which includes buying things associated with running, using running apps, joining running forums, recording and analysing my running data, plotting running routes, researching challenges, etc.
(At least poetry is a relatively inexpensive hobby having only bought two poetry books, or is it three?!)
Anyway… onto my running stats for the week.
- four runs, totalling 29.7km (18.5 miles)
- new longest run of 11.4km (7.1 miles)
- took part in my first “proper” race (with my younger son)
- and got a whole load of PBs on Thursday morning, when insomniac me went out running at 5.15am!
- including a sub-60 minute 10k! (on only my 4th time of running that distance!)
- [and did a 10k bike ride and went swimming]