What will I do when I can’t start one of these posts with the words “I had an awesome running week” – rhetorical question of course.
So, I had an awesome running week!
There’s a quote that says “It doesn’t get easier, you get stronger” and I can totally buy into that mindset. Taking you back in time to the beginning of January and this post ‘A Head Full of Dreams‘ where I stated that to a novice runner running for 3 minutes seemed like an eternity. And although I find it hard to remember, I’m certain that week 3 of C25K was tough, running for 3 minute intervals would have been difficult, but I did it. Then I did longer duration and distances until by then end of January I could run 5k, then 10k in April, then in May I had managed a longest distance of almost 11.5k (7.1miles).
And then Tuesday happened…
10 miles! 100 minutes of running! Most awesome!
- No. of runs: 19
- Total distance: 121 km (75 miles)
- Total time: over 13 hours!
- 10k Race for Life
- motivated mojito virtual 5k
- honeypot virtual race – completed with my 10 mile run
I also plan to run a minimum of 50 miles each month over the summer, including one 10k (or longer) run each week, and I would like to get to as many parkruns as possible while the boys are taking a break from their Saturday morning tutor.
This week’s achievements
- 3 runs with a total distance of 29.1km
- longest run 16.1km (10 miles!)
- did parkrun with my son (my 6th, his 3rd)
- received two medals – Miles for Mind from May’s challenge and the Honeypot June challenge