Banished from the Kingdom of Serenity

Write post – delete – start again…

I want to write of how hurt and upset I am but fear that doing so will trigger more tears and start another negative spiral down.Β  And what I want more than anything is to move on from this and get back to the happy me that I was this time yesterday morning.

But I’m not able to just move on.

A person I considered a friend, someone who knows the difficulties of my situation (social/emotional/family), someone I have confided in, has been criticising me behind my back.Β  And I would not have expected this of her.Β  That’s all I’m going to say because my mental health is still fragile, despite everything in my this time last year post, despite all the progress I’ve made, despite my achievements, success and positivity, it just takes one thing.

One upsetting moment and all the emotions flood back, depression is still there, it’s waiting for any opportunity to tell me that I’m worthless, that I shouldn’t bother, that I’m a failure.

I know that’s not true.

I know the reality.

I can write a list of all the stuff that contradicts depression, but it doesn’t make it disappear.Β  My knowledge is not a magic wand that can banish depression from the kingdom of serenity.

Today will be a self-care day, I will build my resilience back up and continue with my managed existence of minimising stress and looking after myself.

K x

ps the poem I have scheduled to post later today I wrote yesterday morning, it’s very appropriate to how I feel now.

Believe

Comments

17 comments on “Banished from the Kingdom of Serenity”

People suck. And it’s frustrating how easily someone else’s actions can cause a setback for our own mental health. xo

Yup. I’m working my way back up. πŸ˜•

2. Cherilyn says:

People love to talk smack about other people, and then come running to tell you everything that was said about you. The best way to deal with people like this:

1. Never listen to someone who is talking smack about someone else. Being permissive of this gives the speaker the idea that you are okay with this behavior, and they will soon be discussing your business with others too.

2. Never speak critically (or better yet, at all), of anyone else, to anyone else. Ever. Under any circumstance.

3. Pay attention to who talks about others and who does not. Never discuss your own business with someone who talks about other people (see number 1). This will tell you immediately who you can and cannot trust. People you can trust may confide in you about themselves, but they won’t confide in you about other people; because they respect trust.

4. People who talk about other people are generally insecure and/or jealous. Very often, they do this in order to promote themselves as being superior, and in order to do that, they usually have to engage in thinking errors like attribution error and negative bias. This means their opinion is pretty much non-factual and possibly delusional.

Thank you for your support, I agree with everything you’ve written x

3. Karen, I really don’t know what to say but just want you to know you are wonderful and have faith in your own self. Hugs.

Thank you for your lovely words.
      It completely knocked me off kilter as I thought I knew this person well.

1. Such is life! I hope you are in a better space now. Have a good weekend.

Getting there. You too ☺️

4. Laurie says:

Love the quote on your graphic. Very wise!

Thank you, I thought it was very appropriate 😏

5. Hey Karen,

I have tagged you for today’s topic of Greetings on 321 quote Me – Rory

One of the most difficult things for any of us to do is to put ourselves in someone else’s shoes , and we all have a spirit of criticism even if we do not admit to it.
    Years ago my mother used to take me to play with her friends child. When we returned she would always complain about poor Brian who was over exuberant. Mum blamed lack of discipline rather than the boy himself. Looking back I can see it was Brian’s character and he became a tear-away teenager with a motor bike and leather jacket.

Thank you for your kind response, I will rise above it all! 😁

7. I am sorry to hear you are so low Karen – but you know that you are better than your friend. Just keep telling yourself that ok. πŸ™‚ Rory

Thanks Rory, appreciate your words xx

1. As corny as it sounds Karen and cliche, l do mean this ‘keep your chin up’ πŸ™‚

πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€£