Micro Poetry

001

Hello to all the wonderful people reading my blog today πŸ™‚

I am an overthinker, it probably goes hand in hand with my need for perfectionism, so as an overthinking perfectionist I spend way too much time, erm… pondering how to reach the masses with my poetry/writing.

As an OP (might be worth my time abbreviating it up front) I want to excel, not because I need to make a living from writing but because I want loads and loads of people to read what I write. I admit that I really don’t have a clue about how to maximise my on-line presence. I’m happy trundling along on WordPress, my 300+ posts have been viewed in total over 8,000 times and I have almost 350 followers. It still makes me smile when a post or poem is particularly well received. In all honesty I’m quite astounded that there are so many of you who enjoy reading the random musings of my mind so thank you for sticking with me.

So WordPress is good. I have a Facebook page @blueskydays365 which basically just shares my blog activity to a handful of people, and I have twitter @HorsleyPoet which I have just set up.
[I do have a personal twitter account but haven’t really used it much over the years so am not an expert tweeter by any stretch of the imagination]

I admit that I am totally bemused by twitter, the volume of stuff that goes on there is immense, how do they (twitter users) know what to read? Do I have to tweet masses and masses of stuff in an attempt to get followed by people who may never see anything I tweet again? Or do twitter users genuinely spend hours scrolling through their feed?

And then there’s Instagram?!

Answers may be submitted through any channel πŸ˜‰

But in the meantime I’ll keep busy creating Micro Poetry Images to tweet along with the rest of the world! Have a great day, K x

Comments

12 comments on “Micro Poetry”
  1. I started an Instagram thing but am completely confused by it … πŸ€”πŸ€”

Maybe we should stick with blogging πŸ€”

1. Spot on! I don’t understand it at all!

I’m overwhelmed as it is on Twitter and have no idea how the people with big numbers are able to keep track of it all.

It’s bonkers! 😁

Some authors write for public consumption others are writing for themselves but all hope to be read. I often smile at the words of Hillaire Belloc who was a staunch Catholic he wanted his epitaph to be : His sins were scarlet but his books were read. There are good journalists whose work is thrown each day and they have to keep producing articles. Literature is judged by its ability to last so the vast majority of books written today will be forgotten in a hundred years.

I just write for myself but weirdly want the whole world to read it! And if I’m forgotten in a hundred years then at least I won’t be here to know! Of course I may be forgotten way sooner than that…

Yes it would be nice to be famous while you are alive to enjoy it , but it often happjens that great writers pass unnoticed for many reasons.
        Emily Dickinson is a classic example although perhaps she was partly to blame being reclusive and unable to blow her own trumpet.
        Pushing yourself forward could be interpreted as conceited but how else are we to advertise our talents. It could also be that many are uncertain of their own talents.

I’m definitely getting better at recognising and sharing my achievements as I get older. Thanks for commenting, I always enjoy chatting with you! πŸ™‚

4. Ahaha I posted something similar today.
    Recently stepped into Instagram world and I’m lost and confused already.

Liked by 2 people

Will check out your post in a few minutes πŸ˜€