The hardest part about receiving award nominations for me is selecting who to pay it forward to. There are so many brilliant blogs out there and you are all worthy of nomination in some way.
There are blogs with poetry that touch my emotions, those with beautiful photography or artwork, blogs that make me laugh, short stories, longer stories posted in chapters, everyday ramblings, some people use their blog to vent frustration or to seek support, some to initiate discussion, there are book reviews, motivational quotes, health, diet, exercise… and each one means something to someone. Whether it makes them feel that they’re not alone, or makes then laugh so much they choke on their breakfast, every one of you is worthy.
I apologise for my total lack of focus in taking part in these awards, but after much deliberation I’ve decided on my nominations. First I would like to once again thank the following for nominating me…
Mystery Blogger Award
What is The Mystery Blogger Award?
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
- Thank whoever nominated you and include link to their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- What do you consider to be your biggest achievement?
- What can you see looking out of your window?
- If you were to rename your blog what would you chose?
- What is your favourite line from a song?
- What is your favourite joke?
- Kate- Holistic Life by Kate – a beautifully positive and soul nurturing blog
- Pradnya- Peppered With Stories – this blog has great content, beautiful poetry and artwork
- Caz- Invisibly Me – for the wide variety of interesting and very readable content
- Emerging from the Dark Night – wonderful poetry
Blogging Chums Award
The Blogging Chums Award is given to particularly brilliant bloggers who are really providing something special to the community, either through their writing or the way they engage with other people: they’re just brilliant! The award was created by Robert at The Non-Alcoholic Student.
Here are the rules:
1. Be sure to use the award image!
2. List the rules & about paragraph!
3. Thank whoever nominated you!
4. Write a letter to someone who means a lot to you to spread some positivity around the Internet – anyone will do!
5. Nominate 5-10 more people for the award and go let them know about it in their comments!
- Sharon- Caterpillars2Butterflies – Sharon is always very supportive to other people even when having a tough time herself
- paeansunplugged – always gives positive and encouraging comments, also writes fantastic poetry
- Jay-lyn- The Wonderful Wacky World of One Single Mom – Jay-lyn again is supportive and encouraging and her poetry expresses emotions beautifully
Sunshine Blogger Award
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post.
Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
Nominate 5-11 bloggers you want to give the award to.
Ask the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own.
What is your favourite and why?
- mode of transport
- relaxation activity
- holiday destination
- animal (including fish, reptiles, birds etc)
- tree or flower
- Marie- The Notion of Love – very insightful poetry themed on love
- Excerpts of her Soul – very relatable poetry
- Heart Beating Wings – more beautiful poetry
Shake the hand of the person who nominated you with gratitude, providing a link to their blog.
Provide answers to the 11 questions they gave you.
List 11 fun facts about yourself.
Provide a list of your own 11 questions.
Nominate 11 other bloggers by providing links to their blogs.
(same as for Sunshine Blogger Award above)
- Christine- Poetry for Healing – inspirational, uplifting and beautiful
- Em- Earthly Brain – beautiful blog, beautiful content, beautiful person
- Threw Mikes Eyez – Mike has been blogging regularly for a few years, his photography is accompanied by writing about how the photographs came to be taken, similar to a diary of where, why and how
Blogger Recognition Award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers for this award.
6. Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them and a link to the post you created.
- Neha- Forgotten Meadows – for beautiful photography and poetry
- Dee- Thriving not Surviving – for great fictional writing. Dee is also a very positive and supportive person and is treasured within the WordPress community
- Jo – A Creative PTSD Gal – Jo is very committed to posting daily her six-word stories, doodles and painting. She also writes short stories and encourages others to join her in this
- Kat- Family Furore – for her positivity and kindness
It’s taken a while but I’ve finally caught up on my nominations from May to now (so please don’t nominate me for a while 😀 )
Before I go, there are three more blogs that I want to recognise but for various reasons have not nominated this time.
- Katie- How I Killed Betty – Katie has just embarked on an epic journey across France by bicycle so I figured she would be a bit busy to be able to respond. However Katie’s blog is definitely worth taking a look at, her writing style is very readable and contains great humour, Katie is also very supportive and encouraging.
- Ashley- Mental Health @ Home – Ashley is warm, funny and intelligent, her blog contains a mix of personal experience and articulate reviews/comment. Ashley also gives a great deal to the WordPress community in the time she takes to read and respond to other bloggers. Ashley was one of my first followers and I very much appreciate our on-line friendship. Ashley has received a mountain of nominations and is currently taking a break from them!
- Happymess Happiness – as I was deliberating over my nominations I saw that Happymess Happiness (fantastic blog name) had just responded to other nominations so I’m giving some breathing space. This blog contains a great mix of poetry, six-word stories, quotes and writing based on personal experience with a healthy dose of humour.
… and that’s me done!