In my first nine months of blogging I have amassed almost 400 posts gotta have a hobby right? And today we’re looking at how to highlight historic blog content.
Some of you have been with my blog since the beginning and have followed my recovery through depression, through running injuries, through hospital admissions and concussion, that’s quite a lot of illnesses for just a few months.
You have followed my poetry from day 1 of writing, celebrated my publications and some of you very lovely people have even bought my book shameless promotion 😀
You have followed and encouraged me on learning to run, races, milestones and joining a club.
Simply put, some of you know as much about my recent life as my hubby!
However, as day 5 of branding and growth reminds me, some of my newer followers won’t have seen all of this and by promoting older ‘best of’ content they will get an idea of what Blue Sky Days 365 is all about. Makes sense.
There are various ways in which we can promote our older posts.
- WordPress has a related posts feature which will create links to what its analysis decides is similar content – I’m using this already but will take a look at my settings
- Creating a best of page to highlight what I feel is my best content
- Adding links to existing pages – about me, about my site
- Include a you may also like link at the end of new posts
- And then there’s some fancy stuff involving HTML and shortcodes
Definitely some things to work on in this list.
You may also like: Poetry, really? and “But I don’t do running”.