(Cr)afternoon activities

The novelty of crutches has well and truly worn off, assuming it existed in the first place.

On Tuesday I had to go to the hospital for an echocardiogram (as my GP thinks I have a heart murmur) and getting from the car to the cardio department on crutches was quite frankly exhausting… I’d rather run 10k but as that’s what got me in this state I’d better stick to the crutches for now!  As well as working up quite a sweat my hands were very sore.  However, the pain is generally much more manageable so I can gently hobble around the house crutch free.

Each day I try to get out of the house which usually involves taking my crutches for a spin round the supermarket and buying chocolate.  Most of the day I stay in the house, on the sofa… as such I’ve come up with the idea of (cr)afternoon activities.

In the past few days I’ve done some knitting, and have almost finished the front of my jumper, and I’ve been playing around with various poetry merchandise as I’m considering getting a stall at our village Christmas festival.  Yesterday, I created a pretty awesome calendar, images from Pixabay and poetry from me!  Here’s a sneak peek…

Comments

9 comments on “(Cr)afternoon activities”
  1. calmkate says:

so you use internet shots with your poems on them … these a really beautiful!

Yes, images from Pixabay then I design them in postermaker and get them printed by bonusprint.

1. calmkate says:

not heard of bonus print, what country are you in?
        They are great quality, well done!

I’m in the UK but bonus print are based in the Netherlands.

3. calmkate says:

how interesting so it’s cheaper for you to get it posted across the channel … you are doing a super job, keep it up!

Thank you, you too. ❤️

Maybe gloves (with a little grip on them would be best) could help with the sweaty hands and soreness. I know my dad has struggled with just his walking stick before, so I got him gloves to cushion the impact a little. I think you’re doing well still getting out where you can, going around the house, and of course getting a bit crafty! Do you know when you’ll get your echocardiogram results?
    I love the calendars, it’s really striking to have such bold images and your writing displayed like that! Never knew Canva had a calendar function.. you learn something new every day 🙂
    Caz xx

I’ve been using cycling gloves as they’re padded, but I met someone today who had pipe insulation taped to her crutches – oddly she had the same injury but from cycling. The echo results will be sent to my gp over the next week or so but my cardiology appointment isn’t until Feb.
      I’m excited to see the printed calanders.