Two days ago I decided to have a plan to help me work my way towards 2019 with vigour instead of apathy, so how am I doing with it?
- I’ve improved my diet and incorporated more fruit and veg
- I’ve implemented a two mile daily walk – outside, whatever the weather
- Screen time is fairly low
- and I went out doing errands on my own – the errands weren’t particularly onerous, this was more about me having peace, tranquility, and space to breathe
- minimum two mile daily walk
- physio exercises
- and today I walked parkrun
- I got the bulb replaced in my sewing machine and bought a new foot which has a 1/4 inch guide (as recommended in one of my quilting books) both of which will make sewing patchwork easier
- by the end of today I will have completed the main design of my Christmas project
- The sofa bed has been collected by the hospice shop
- I’m waiting on delivery of my snuggle seat
- and I’m gradually organising the space
- everyone has now finished work/college/school until the New Year which gives a whole load of opportunities for some quality family time (oh yay, get the party started)
- yesterday I encouraged (demanded) the boys come out on my 2 mile walk. I suggested they might like to come out to see the new shop that opened recently in the village – older son obviously thought we were just walking to the shop and back which would have only been about 1 mile, when he realised we were going further he stomped, grumbled and was constantly mean to his brother (yay, family time). Later on we all watched a tv programme together which was much less confrontational.
Quite happy with how this has started, whether I’ll be able to maintain the veg consumption and family time? Only time will tell.