Thirteen and a bit months of my blog and I’ve decided to have a weekly summary post on a Saturday. . . now this may go the same way as Photography Friday which disappeared almost as soon as it started but for now, anyway, I’ll write up my week.
- Feeling pleased with my publications list I was motivated to start submitting and spreading my work around the world once more
- Somewhere on WordPress I was presented with an ad from a publisher requesting children’s story books, so as I already had All That Glitters written and ready to go I simply followed the link and sent it off
- I also submitted to Wolff Poetry and joined a poetry forum, Hello Poetry
- I added more poetry images to Pinterest and thought about getting back to twitter
- I have started writing a children’s book, vaguely it’s about how our beaches and oceans are polluted with litter
For a while I’ve been having problems breathing while in bed at night, with my sinuses getting completely blocked. As our existing memory foam mattress is at least 12 years old we decided to lay the blame on that and treat ourselves to a new mattress. Another reason for loving where I live, is that there’s actually a bed shop in the village. So, me and the boys went mattress testing… much amusement with me telling my kiddo to fidget around to see how much disturbance it generated!
I’m very pleased that the bed shop guy gave two recommendations that were both so gorgeously comfortable and reasonably priced as being faced with around 50 mattresses to choose from would have probably blown my mind.
The choice was between a memory foam one that was in stock, or a 4-5 week wait for one that would be made to order with natural cotton filling. Natural cotton won my vote, so I’ll have to persist with a stuffy nose for a few more weeks.
Now, IF anyone is still reading this… congratulations! Seriously, blogging about buying a mattress… how extremely odd.
It’s been a great week, productive, quiet and with enough focus to keep me moving in the right direction.