Submissions etc

I started Monday with a motivational post and it seemed to work, as in I’ve been very motivated since then.

But first let’s travel back in time to Sunday when I met with a potential illustrator for my book, All That Glitters.  This lady is a friend of a friend who lives just a few miles away from me, and her artwork is amazing.  She’s excited about collaborating with me and I’m thrilled to have her.  This could be the start of a fantastic partnership.

Also this week I’ve been busy writing and submitting to various people and places.  I’ve completed my second children’s story which is not poetry (yes, I’m aiming for world domination!) and I’ve written a personal piece on trauma and mental health.

I’ve submitted a few poems and the trauma piece to a selection of magazines, including the excellently named Meow Meow Pow Pow.  I’ve also got a few others that I’m looking to submit poetry to.

And finally… one of my poems has been accepted for a children’s anthology – can’t say anymore than that until the publisher says I can, but that rounds up my amazing week.

Bring on the weekend! 🙂

Comments

9 comments on “Submissions etc”

One heck of a busy week, you’re doing amazingly well! And congrats on having a poem due to go into a children’s anthology (and well done on resisting the temptation to tell us more until you’re allowed to)!
    I hope you take the weekend to celebrate your accomplishments 🙂
    xx

Thank you 😊 I’ve got quite a few poems with this particular publisher so maybe some of the others will be accepted too. ❤️

Wow, sounds like you’re well on your way to world domination!

One step at a time and the world will be mine [cue dramatic music]

3. indishe says: