Two weeks

The life of a potential children’s author.

Late last week my amazing illustrator, who was recommended to me through a friend, sent over three sample images for my book. Β The cover (a snippet of which I’m sharing above) and two double page illustrations, and just wow, such beautiful artwork.

I added the text and emailed the illustrated script to the editor, who has just replied with the following:

Email1

In just two weeks I could actually be offered a publishing contract!

or in just two weeks they could shatter my dreams…

Until then I’ll just wait (with a mixture of patience and excitement) as there’s nothing I can do to influence the decision.

This is just amazing!

Comments

16 comments on “Two weeks”
  1. mandy says:

Awesomeness!πŸ’

2. indishe says:

Congratulations.
    Good luck

I love the teaser with the cover… I want to see the rest of the illustrations! It’s great you’re so pleased with the designs, and very exciting that you’ll hear from the publisher in two week’s time. Whatever the outcome, you should be proud for getting this far, for making yourself vulnerable and giving it a go, and this is just one publisher. Of course, I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get a deal! But you’re right, there’s nothing you can do in the mean time, so try to distract yourself and think positive thoughts πŸ™‚
    Caz xx

I’m so excited and already getting carried away in my mind! 😁 ❀️

4. That is so awesome. You should be so proud of yourself regardless of the outcome. Fingers and toes crossed for you. πŸ™‚

aw thank you, I am proud (and a little stunned!) πŸ˜€

1. I can only imagine. 😊

Wow, that’s awesome!

Yes it is! Thank you x πŸ™‚

6. All the best, think positive πŸ‘

I certainly am! Thank you x

1. You’re welcome πŸ‘