Watercolour – windmill

Due to family stuff, appointments and Easter holidays I’m missing art class until the beginning of May but this isn’t going to be a month long absence from painting.

This windmill is the second step by step tutorial in the Matthew Palmer book.

The finished example

Lots of detail and new techniques to learn, so a huge step up from the previous landscape. However, I think I did a pretty good job with it!

My finished painting

Comments

17 comments on “Watercolour – windmill”
  1. Beautiful brush strokes! πŸ˜ƒ

Liked by 2 people

Wow! Is this freehand, did you sketch your own outline for it? Honestly – no BS – this is fantastic!! xx

A basic outline is traced but apart from the windmill detail, it’s just the treeline, the path etc.

3. irsister7 says:

Beautiful! You have inspired me. I have fished my watercolours out of the cupboard and hopefully I can remember what to doπŸ˜‰

That’s great, I’m certain you’ll get back into it quickly. Would love to see your paintings x

1. You’re welcome. ☺

4. Karen, this is stunning! Truly beautiful! πŸ’—

I’m loving exploring my previously undiscovered creative side!

1. I’m so happy to hear that, because I most certainly enjoy seeing this creative side of you! πŸ€—

5. I agree with you. Well done!

6. It’s superb Karen! I really like it.

Liked by 2 people

There’s a couple of bits that I felt didn’t quite work but overall love it. Thank you 😊

1. You are welcome πŸŒΈβ€οΈπŸ’•